- “Personal Information” means any personally identifiable information that you submit to us, including contact information, such as your name, email address, address, phone number and other information about yourself.
- “Navigational Information” means information about your computer and your visits to this Website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, operating system, referral source, time and length of visit and pages viewed.
- “Public Information” means information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and publicly available information that we acquire from other service providers.
Information We Collect
Information You Chose to Provide
You may choose to send us your Personal Information in intake and other forms or if you ask us questions, provide feedback or sign up for emails, events or programs. Your decision to disclose your Personal Information is entirely voluntary and, by doing so, you are providing us with specific consent to use your Personal Information for the purposes outlined in the “How We Use Information We Collect” section.
We automatically collect and store Navigational Information from all users, including those with “Do Not Track” signals enabled in their web browsers.
We use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize pages on our Website, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved so you can easily use the features you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Website.
We also keep track of the pages you visit within our Website to determine what portion of the site is the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and promotions to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Log Files. We also collect information about your computer hardware and software, such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically collected data to any of your Personal Information.
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs). Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on webpages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
- Website Analytics. We may also partner with third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to allow tracking technologies and remarketing services on the Website through the use of first-party cookies and third-party cookies, to, among other things, analyze and track users’ use of the Website, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. By accessing the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your information by these third-party vendors. You are encouraged to review their privacy policies and contact them directly for responses to your questions. We do not transfer Personal Information to these third-party vendors.
We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients, which allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our users’ Personal Information. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, see the “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” section.
Information About Children
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If you believe we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us so we may delete the information.
How We Use Information We Collect
We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell your Personal Information to a third party and will not share your Personal Information with third parties except with Providers or vendors.
Use of Personal Information
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Website.
- Evaluate and improve our programming and services.
- Connect you with legal help.
- Send information to you which we think may be of interest to you.
- Send you marketing communications relating to legal aid or other services.
- Perform any legitimate business or other legal purpose.
Use of Navigational Information
We use Navigational Information to operate and improve our Website. We may also use Navigational Information to provide you with personalized information about legal and other resources.
Use of Public Information
- Improve our programming.
- Send information to you which we think may be of interest to you.
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business.
Use of Testimonials and Comments
We may post testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain consent prior to disclosing names or identities.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to comply with a law, court order or legal process.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take security very seriously and use reasonable security measures to protect information submitted on this Website.
Social Media Features and Links
Opting Out and Unsubscribing
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information or omissions in Personal Information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your Personal Information not be used to contact you to the extent permitted by federal law
- To request that your Personal Information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us. We will promptly change or correct your Personal Information and notify you of the action we have taken.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our emails or by contacting us.
Rights of Individuals in the European Union
As prescribed within the General Data Protection Regulation, individuals within the European Union have several rights connected to the provision of your Personal Information to us using this Website. These include your rights that we:
- Confirm to you what Personal Information we may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes.
- Recognize any changes in consent related to your Personal Information.
- Correct any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information which may be held about you.
- Provide you with a complete copy of your Personal Information for you to move elsewhere.
- Stop processing your Personal Information while an objection from you is being resolved.
- Permanently erase all your Personal Information promptly and confirm to you that it has been done unless there is a reason why we may be unable to do so, such as to comply with our obligations under federal law.
Questions and Feedback
Please contact us with any additional questions or feedback or if you would like to exercise any of your statutory rights.